EducationMaster of Arts, Organizational Leadership, Gonzaga University, Spokane, Washington-December 2014-4.0 GPA
Certificate of Servant Leadership Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA, May 2014
Master of Arts, History-Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina-May 2005-3.75 GPA
Bachelor of Arts, History-The Citadel, Charleston, South Carolina-June 2002
Work ExperienceProQuest(Acquired from LexisNexis in January 2011), Bethesda, MD and Home-Based
Content Editor, Senior (previously Editorial Content Analyst, Managing Editor)
- Synthesize complex and voluminous historical documents into concise, useful, and informative tools including writing collection descriptions to highlight key content
- Manage editorial projects and coordinate contributions of employees, contractors, and vendors
- Implement communications and knowledge sharing programs for distributed team of seven employees
- Consult with teams and leaders on technology tools, professional development, and training
- Plan and execute quarterly Professional Development Day for the Bethesda office
Director of Communication
August 2013-March 2016
- Created communication strategy and standardized communication across media types
- Managed e-newsletter, website, social media, and print communication activities
- Create support material, including training documents, websites, e-newsletters, graphics, and presentations
- Provided communication coaching and mentoring to church leadership and volunteers
August 2013-December 2014
- Created training and educational support documents for new courses on decision-making and foresight
- Contributed research and assisted with publication preparation for academic journal articles
Adjunct History Instructor
February 2010-December 2011
- Created and delivered college courses, using adult learning best practices, in classroom and virtual settings
- Designed and facilitated online learning courses using Blackboard E-Learning system
- Monitored and analyzed student performance against departmental metrics, including reporting and administrative responsibilities
- Provided web design, communication, marketing, social media, and related services to small businesses
- Planned and executed communication audits to develop strategy for nonprofit clients
- Advised boards and leaders on communication best practices and technology needs and risks
Volunteer and Personal ActivitiesThe Citadel Foundation, Charleston, SC
- Successful frontline fundraiser for the Class of 2002
- Provide coaching and training, individually and in workshop settings, to new volunteers
- Develop strategic fundraising vision, including identifying training opportunities and
Co-Chair, Visioning Task Force
January 2013-September 2015
- Guided diagnosis of organizational issues, including staffing, structure, and fundraising
- Consulted with presbytery staff and leadership, pastors, and Ruling Elders to assess organizational potential
- Trained and mentored diverse task force members on organizational design and development
- Prepared and presented progress reports and operational updates to quarterly organizational meetings
Publications and Publishing Projects
- Doss, E. H. (2005). War classes: Social and institutional change at Clemson College and The Citadel, 1937-1947. (Master’s Thesis). Clemson University, Clemson, SC.
- Doss, E. H. & Horsman, J. (2013). Decision making methods: An introductory review. Course materials, Department of Professional Studies, Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA.
- Doss, E. H. & Horsman, J. (2014). A framework for foresight and strategy: An introduction. Course materials, Department of Professional Studies, Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA.
ProQuest/LexisNexisThis is an incomplete list, as some of the titles escape me and some titles are not available online. All links open PDF documents, most of which are small and fast, but be aware.
- African Americans in the Military, Subject Files of Judge William Hastie, Parts 1-3
- Confidential U.S. State Department Central Files, Israel-Palestine, 1963–1966
- Confidential U.S. State Department Central Files, Israel-Palestine, 1967–1969
- Confidential U.S. State Department Central Files, Panama, 1963–1966
- Confidential U.S. State Department Special Files, Southeast Asia, 1947–1966
- Confidential U.S. State Department Central Files, Spain, 1940–1944
- The Dwight D. Eisenhower National Security Files, 1953–1961
- The Papers of Dean F. Markham and the President's Advisory Commission on Narcotics
- The Richard M. Nixon National Security Files, 1969–1974, Middle East
- The Richard M. Nixon National Security Files, 1969–1974, Middle East Negotiations
- Reconstruction and Military Government in the South, 1867–1870, Office of Civil Affairs, Part 1: First and Second Military Districts
- Papers of Supreme Court Justices, Wiley Rutledge, Part 1: Supreme Court File, 1942-1945
- U.S. Council of Economic Advisers during the Ford Administration, Part 1: Alan Greenspan Files, Correspondence, 1974-1977
- U.S. Council of Economic Advisers during the Ford Administration, Part 5: Burton G. Malkiel Files, 1975-1977
- Women in the U.S. Military, Correspondence of the Director of the Woman's Army Corps, 1942-1946, Part 3: Administration and Organization of the Army
- Women in the U.S. Military, Correspondence of the Director of the Woman's Army Corps, 1942-1946, Part 4: Tactical Units, Geographic Divisions, and Recruitment
- Women in the U.S. Military, Correspondence of the Director of the Woman's Army Corps, 1942-1946, Part 5: Education, Mobilization, and Conduct during Wartime
Publishing ProjectsOf the three projects I managed at LexisNexis, one was sold to ProQuest, once has ceased publication, but the final publication continues. I no longer work on the remaining project.
Environment Abstracts-This product ceased publication after being sold to ProQuest. I manged this project for 18 months as LexisNexis worked to divest the publication. I managed this project in addition to my regular workload, and continued to meet all monthly production deadlines during the 18 months of management. My work was recognized as essential in keeping the product viable and increasing the probability of acquisition by another company. Upon acquiring this product, ProQuest blended the data into their existing products.
British Documents on Foreign Affairs-This yearly publication drew on documents from Her Majesty's Archives and depended on the work of UK based general and series editors. In this role, I managed relationships with up to 7 series editors and two general editors. I coordinated the editorial and production schedules. The publication ceased production upon completion of Part V, covering 1951-1956.
Landmark Briefs and Arguments of the Supreme Court of the United States-This publication continues today. Every year, professional constitutional law scholars work with ProQuest to compile a list of the most important cases before the Court. These cases, briefs, and arguments are published in a bound volume. I managed all aspects of this publication, from consulting with editors, to acquiring the documents, creating the publication files, and quality checking the proofs before publication. Occasionally, I also contributed to the document cleaning and processing workflow.